To list or not to list
that is the quandary
that is the question
I subscribe to a theory that suggests we are all multiple personalities — it’s only a lack of integration/mindfulness that creates the problems in our lives. Ofttimes I feel as though there is a committee in my head and reaching consensus or wrapping my head around a particular challenge can be incredibly time consuming affair.
I thought I might give you all a little peak under the hood, an experience of what it’s like to live in my head. This cacophony was generated by a simple suggestion that I write a post listing things I like, have or learned or wish for.
Welcome to my world
- that’s an easy assignment, I can whip that out in no time at all …
- This is dumb … why the hell would anyone want to read my list?
- It’s just a stupid list … quit overcomplicating it
- But I don’t feel a connection. Why would I want to write a list? Why would anyone want to read it?
- Who the hell cares? You’re over-thinking it. Just Write The Damn Thing!
- I care. I’m not writing just to put words on the page. I’m not a human doing. I want to bring something of myself to the challenge
- Maybe I should find something else to write about.
- What’s wrong with you that you have to make everything so freaking complicated. Put your butt in the chair and write the damn thing. It doesn’t matter anyhow.
- Yes, it does matter.
- This is unproductive.
- I’m exhausted.
- What’s on TV?